Flyfishing section of the Slovenian Fishing Association (SFA or in Slovenian RZS- Ribiska Zveza Slovenije) is announcing the 25th annual Slovenian open fly tying Championship for the year 2012.
Tiers are allowed to participate in followed categories:
1. Dry Flies
2. Nymphs & Wet Flies
4. Realistic Flies
Conditions of participation are:
1. Each fly tier is allowed to compete in each of the categories with one fly only, which must be sent in 2 samples. The chosen fly should not be a part of the tiers participation in any of his/her previous tying competitions.
2. Package with each sample should contain:
Jury will automatically reject all samples that will contain natural insect parts (such as wings, legs, etc) as a part of the fly!
3. In the accompanying letter tiers must write their names, addresses, names of the flies and passwords. Letter should be in the enclosed envelope together with the fly. Copies of those letters must be kept by the authors until the end of the competition.
4. For the judging of flies jury will consider the following criteria:
5. Jury holds the right to classify samples in different categories if necessary!
6. Decision of the jury is final!
7. Jury will consider all samples that will reach the following address by the 31st January 2012
8. Please send flies in a package that prevents them to be destroyed during shipping.
9. Samples should be sent to the following address:
Ribiska Zveza Slovenije (for the competition 2012)
Considering previous criteria jury will impart the best 3 flies in each category with practical prizes, licences for the best Slovenian fly fishing districts and diplomas. All participants will be previously informed about their achievements.
FAS- Fly fishing Section President: Luka Hojnik
FAS- President : Borut Jerše