We're lucky to live in New Zealand with it's year around world-class fly fishing, and I take full advantage of it. But it can often be along hike to get to the best water and one day, while untangling my net from a bush for the 100th time, I came up with a better wayto carry that all important part of a fly fishing kit.
For years I'd do what one of my professional guide friends did and stuck the net handle in my wading belt behind my back. We've worn many a hole in the back of our waders that way and it's a unwelcome surprise when freezing cold water suddenly runs down your backside, usually in the middle of winter.
A few dozen prototypes and many fishing / field-testing days later (yes, someone had to do it), I'm thrilled with the Net Holster. It works great, and it sure beats trying to clip a net behind your back. My guide friend is still using the prototype I gave him to test a couple of years back.
Wayne T Smith
President & designer
Smith Creek Limited
- The smart way to carry your net
Finally a way to carry your landing net without it getting in the way
- No more fumbling with a clip behind your back
Quick to draw. Easy to holster.
- Keeps your net secure and out of the way
No more getting tangled in trees, trailing in the current, or flipping in your face when you bend over.
- Adjustable strap
Fits all landing nets - big or small, wood or metal.
- Crafted in New Zealand using the finest materials
Handmade to last a lifetime
- Guide tested
And still using them ... they wouldn't give them back!
- Patents: NZ 584343; US 8,499,990 B2; GB 2480512; CAN 2,713,596
Worldwide patents pending
- Finest quality workmanship and materials
- Non-glare anodized aluminum
- Adjustable - fits all types and sizes of landing nets (Folding sea run, wood, metal)