As an example, consider the 2021 Gen 6 Litespeed: CNC machined with material distributed artfully along critical load paths, stable and strong, so light you might forget it’s there, but beautiful enough to make you remember it is.
The art of the fly reel derives from the science of the fly reel, but at the end of the day both art and science, when held in balance, serve to make us smile.
LSF – The LSF is the freshwater version of the new Litespeed. The chassis is based on the conical system found in our other reels with the addition of a click stop drag knob and a unique spring set that creates a linear progression of torque with very fine resolution at the light end of its range. LSF spool and frame architecture is super-arbor in scale for high retrieve, but spare and open to promote line drying and, of course, reduce weight.
- Arbor diameters/ratios follow Force SL
- Highest retrieve rate of any WWL reel
- Larger in diameter and lighter than Speedster S
- Revamped and improved conical drag system
- Indexing drag knob with click settings
- Linear progression drag springs - predictable drag tension
- Improved dynamic seals – possible IPX rating (with spool on)
||WF4 75 yds 20#
||WF6 125 yds 20#
||WF8 180 yds 20#