Let’s be honest. No one will ever turn down a little extra help with their cast. Luckily, the Frequency Boost, built a half-size heavy, provides just that. This general purpose floating fly line loads quickly, turns over large dries, nymph rigs, and streamers with ease, and features a mid-length head perfect for nearly all freshwater applications.
- Excellent general-purpose line
- Half-size heavy and more powerful than the Trout taper
- Better with larger, heavier flies
- Supple and easy to use
- Versatile mid-length head
- Braided multifilament core
- Cleaning with soap and water on a cloth removes most of the dirt, but cleaning pads work even better. Properly cleaned, your lines will cast better and last longer, certainly a good trade-off for a couple of minutes of line maintenance.
- To use the cleaning pad, pinch the pad over the line so that the abrasive, non-foam side touches the line. Pull the fly line through the pad under some tension. Repeat this process until some of the fly line color is visible on the pad.
- Clean your lines every 2-3 outings, or anytime you think dirt is hindering their performance. The cleaning pads are easy to carry in your vest or tackle bag and can be used anytime, wet or dry.
- Note that flyline dressing can be used to reduce friction during competition- or practice casting scenarios, but we don’t recommend it for fishing.